Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rain Boots


Optimists find the sunshine in everything, I"m not an optimist, I married an optimist and not only do I envy that quality, I depend on it.

Today was a rainy-- January--Michigan day.  Normally I would complain about a grey, rainy day-- it means a depressing day in my head.

This particular rainy day was different,  I was super excited to wear my  new rain boots!!!!   I have been coveting a cute pair that a friend bought, not only are they ADORABLE on her, she got them for like $7. After a year of teasing her that I needed to have them,  I bought my own.  They cost me $9 after my Kohl's cash.  Mine aren't as cute as hers, but I was still super excited to wear them.   A funny thing happened, the rain didn't seem so depressing after all,  I splashed in a puddle in the parking lot after a full day of brain numbing training at work!  I felt like a little kid.

I changed the way I thought about the rain, at least for today.  Hopefully I won't need a new pair of boots for every occasion to change my thought patterns and stay on my path of living in the present moment!  The next time it rains, I'm gonna remember to put those boots on and feel like there is a little bit of sunshine in my day because if you look for it, there's a little sunshine in everything !

No comments:

Post a Comment