Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year --- Friendship

Welcome to Life, Love & All that Jazz -- my first blog post!
According to Wikipedia; friendship is the cooperative and supportive relationship between people, or animals. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, affection, and respect along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis. ...(man wikipedia makes it sound all formal)

In 2010 I thought alot about friendship; what kind of friend am I? what kind of friends do I have? isn't it amazing that some of my friends have been on the journey with me for 30+ years (man they know too much about me!). Others only on the journey a short time.  Some friends are related to me.  Friends come and go, some friends come, go and then come back again (that's kinda cool).

At year's end, I concluded that friends are a special gift, they come in all shapes and sizes, they bring different aspects to our lives, different perspectives.  Sometimes in friendship you are the giver, sometimes the taker, hopefully neither of you remembers give/take in the end.  One thing is for sure, my friends all of them, help me so much in my daily life, I need their kind words, their laughter, their lectures, their debates, their ideas, their love and their support. I need and long for the connection to them.  My best friend just so happens to be the man I married, he has endured the most and amazingly is still here.   I haven't always been the best friend, but this year, I vow to be better and cherish each of the gifts that have been brought into my circle. I hope for the circle to get bigger and stronger.    Life, Love ,Friendship and all that Jazz is what makes the journey so worth it!.

2 comments:

  1. i love the friend you have always been, we have talked about nothing and some serious stuff. with a drink, on a bike, on the beach, on fb, love it all.
    keep on rocking or jazzing
    Carm

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so sweet! and I adore you and cherish your friendship!

    ReplyDelete