Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Prayer for a friend

My heart is heavy tonight, someone in  my life recently learned that she is very sick.  No names, no disesease titles coming out of this post, rather just something to ponder, her bravery, her attitude, her character.

"Please don't treat me any differently" she said, "don't look at me and feel sorry for me",
don't take away my responsibilities", instead, be positive and pray".  WOW.  I"m speechless frankly.    As the tears flowed down my face, I stood alone.  She stands tall and strong, she stands positive, she is brave, she has faith.  I feel fortunate to stand in her presence.  I know I have so much more to learn and there is no doubt I will learn something valuable from this brave young woman.

As most of us do, I thought to myself, how would I handle such news if it were me?   I can say with certainty, not as she handles this news.  Quickly I rushed to the irrelevance of my own problems, so small in the scheme of things, yet, they often seem as large as life.    If you are a person of faith, please pray for this brave, young woman, you don't need to know her name, you don't need to know her disease, you just need to know that a prayer dedicated to her, just takes a second and is worth so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment