Sunday, January 8, 2012

365 Photo Project - Day 2

Today is Day #2 of my commitment to the 365 photo-a-day project, I'm already starting to enhance my goals (surprising, I know).    I"m taking a picture everyday so that I can:
  1. Focus on what's important everyday
  2. Have a year long record of every single memory
  3. Improve my photography skills
  4. And....(insert drum roll here) .... improve my photo editing skills
Today's photo, my best friend.  We were cleaning up the basement after the wreckage of Matt's hamster escaping.  Sam was sitting at the bottom of the stairs breaking down cardboard boxes and he called me down. When I looked at him,  at the bottom of the stairs, for a single second there was a glimpse of the young boy I met over 20 years ago.  I don't know if it was the silly grin he was wearing or just that he was tired, but  I saw that young boy and it warmed my heart.  I said 'WAIT!!' hold that expression on your face (so I could run and get my camera) in that second I knew that he was my picture for the day. 

As a bonus, my picture was awful. The lighting was bad, cropping, etc.  Thus goal #4  I think I did a decent job at editing the photo.  I love him, in sepia, in black and white or in color! 



No comments:

Post a Comment