Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Escape Artist

It's day 4 of my photo-a-day project, clearly I was delusional when I committed to this.  I missed my photo yesterday, so here I am 10:00 pm grasping for a photo opportunity, keeping my goals in mind (things that are important and I want to remember...... blah blah blah).  

 I am just 21 short days from go live of one of the largest projects I have worked on in my 23 year career at my employer. I teach 4- Jazzercise classes per week, I have a family, a commute, and somewhere in all of that I really should sleep. None the less, I committed to this, so here I am.  

My photo tonight is my son's pet hamster, Alex.  Alex was first named, Derek, and then Matthew (my 8 year old) got sentimental and renamed him after our late yellow lab, Alex.  Alex-the-hamster is becoming quite the master at escaping from his hamster house.  He has escaped 6 times now.  The fifth escape, which was just last weekend, my husband, masterfully devised a strategy to catch him in a bucket (lured with peanut butter) Alex couldn't resist and was caught almost instantly.  We decided we should purchase an addition to his house and give him a bit more room to roam, so Mike and Matt built him an extension.  Just one short day after he moved into his new house, he escaped again!  This was his longest adventure loose in my house (roughly 12-15 hours).    To be honest, I never expected a hamster to be smart enough to do much of anything (I mean he does spin around in a circle on a wheel most of the night!) but darn if this little guy doesn't have some sense, he keeps finding his way out.  As for the new house, I think it just gives him more escape hatches.   I think Mike is starting to lose it too, tonight he was walking around the house calling himself 'Mouse Hunter" or something like that!  Never a dull moment that's for sure!   

No comments:

Post a Comment