Sunday, January 23, 2011

Michigan Weather & Love/Hate Relationships

Like most Michiganders, I have a Love/Hate relationship with our weather. Yesterday it was a blustery day; cold and gray with snow flurries. I wasn't very motivated to go outside despite the flury of ice sculpting activity going on in my small town.

Today, however, a chilly 16 degrees and SUNNY, I had an urge to go outside. Bundled in layers, we went sledding this morning around 10:00 and then for an afternoon hike at beautiful Hidden Lake Gardens. Both were exhilerating. (this from a girl 'who hates being cold'). It was so beautiful, the snow was untouched in open spaces, the purest of white, and so cold and frozen that it sparkled like diamonds in the sun, absolutely beautiful. (Cold weather = Love/Hate)

Perhaps the lesser of 2 evils was the hike outside in the cold versus 'climbs' and sprints' at Spin Class. (Spin class = Love/Hate). Love my spin partner, love my spin pals and spin instructor, love cross training, but ugh.... 60 minutes of spinning I couldn't do more than 1x per week.

I've talked about "life" and I've talked about "love", but I've yet to talk about Jazzercise, the "jazz" part of my blog. I was inspired tonight by another blogger who spoke of Jazzercise so fondly, even though she no longer teaches, she still loves it AND she loves to run. (Running= another LOVE/HATE for me). I love the idea of running... the actual running... well..

Jazzercise, however, (Not Love/Hate at all--just LOVE LOVE LOVE). It's in the Top 10 of the best things that ever happened to my life. The Jazzercise girls are the best part, but the music, the moves, the way the hour flies by, the way it changes your body...I repeat, LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Tonight as I sit here, working on my set, finishing up laundry, preparing for a busy week ahead its 7 degrees outside (weather.com says feels like 2 brr). Love the weekends, Hate when they end! Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. yay for jazzercise! i'm so happy that you found my blog and that we share such a strong love for jazzercise :) i wish i lived closer so that i could come to your class. the best instructors are always the ones that love what they do and it shows :)

    i'm totally with you on the love/hate with the cold and snow. i really do love living in a place that has all four season and i don't think i could handle summers any hotter than we have here...but when its gray outside for a week i do start missing the sun...

    ReplyDelete