Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sweet Dreams

Do you remember your dreams? I rarely do. I said to my husband, I never dream,its unusual for me, but once in awhile I remember some crazy dream. He,of course, told me in his very matter-of-fact way that everyone dreams and I just don't remember my dreams. Did you know 'dreams' prevent psychosis? hmmm.

Two nights ago, I dreamt that I lost all of the answers to an exam I had to take and couldn't remember anything. Its pretty clear to me this particular dream was caused by my anxiety of the test I had to take. Although dream experts say your dreams are not about what they are about? (What?)

The following night, Mike dreamt that he stole a copy of the test to help me and I ended up getting fired. LOL. (My analysis: he loves to protect and take care of me--but I got fired!)

What do our dreams mean? Do you ever analyze your dreams? I have had a recurring dream that my teeth all fell out, I read that such a dream is common and is likely caused by anxiety about one's appearnce.

I also have had recurring dreams of being chased, which apparently means I'm avoiding something (I"m pretty sure I"m avoiding the guy with the gun chasing me---it's not really rocket science is it?) An amazing fact about this is that these 'random strangers' in your dreams (with guns) are people you have ACTUALLY seen at some point in your life--(minus the gun...that's crazy!)

One third of our lives are spent sleeping, yet, we don't remember much of it. If you clear your mind before you go to sleep, wake up slowly, you can work on remembering more of your dreams. Oh yah, quitters dream more vividly (like if you quit smoking)

So... I"m going to quit eating popcorn before bed, clear my mind (including the cravings for popcorn, wake up slowly (which should be easy because I'm starving to death) and see what I remember tomorrow. Sweet Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment